Sometimes I struggle to be positive. Sometimes I can’t help comparing myself to friends, colleagues, and random people on the internet, and *surprise* I am always the worst. But these feelings are nothing new for me, and they’ve always passed, so I’m willing that to happen again. It’s just frustrating because I thought I’d finally conquered them. Anyway, I know life isn’t really terrible. Clearly it’s just time to reflect again, and deliberately think about the good things instead of the bad. There have been lots of good things recently. So here goes:
- It’s late spring, and there are flowers everywhere. Wildflowers are so beautiful that I am always stopping to look at them.
- I won a sponsored place to a work conference in July. It’s in Brighton! I’ve never been, and am going to go a couple of days early so I can explore.
- We finally have a lawn mower. I know this doesn’t sound exciting, but trust me, it is. Our lawn looks terrible, and this will make such a big difference.
- R will be back home on Monday. He’s been away for work for a couple of weeks. I like alone time, but I’m definitely ready for him to be back now. Life’s just more fun when he’s here.
- A friend has just had her second baby. We haven’t met him yet, but he was premature, so we’re just glad he’s now home with the rest of the family. I haven’t decided what to make him yet, but I have a pattern for a very cute knitted rabbit which I’m leaning toward.
I’d love to hear your happy things, too!