It’s induction season at universities, and since one of my jobs is at a uni, life is pretty exhausting at the moment. I am grateful for this, to be honest. It was a rough summer and I’m glad it’s over. (Never thought I’d be glad for summer to be over, but I’m definitely there.) Nonetheless, I’m lucky there are still good things, and we’ve been planning happy stuff as well. So here are 5 of them! Please do share yours in the comments, too.
- Autumn bearing raspberries. The raspberries at our allotment are autumn bearing, so they are really coming into their own now. It’s fantastic, because there isn’t much else going on right now. Plus, raspberries are my favorite berry.
- Home. We’ve been in our house since January, but to be honest we have been too lazy to do any decorating so far. We’ve finally picked the color for our spare bedroom/office/library. It’s uncharacteristically bold for me, but I’m really excited about stripping the wallpaper in there & getting it painted. The light in there’s excellent, so I really want to get it ready now that we’re into fall.
- R’s love affair with Pippa. R was not keen on getting a cat. He grew up with a dog and it took a lot of work to persuade him to get a cat. I knew he’d be won over eventually once we had one, though, and I was right. I just hadn’t realised it would happen so quickly. He’s very much smitten, and has the cat pictures on his phone to prove it! I try not to be smug about it, but it’s hard. 😉
- Planning our trip to Cardiff at the end of October. The worst of induction will be over by then, so we’ve bought tickets to see Ezra Furman to celebrate. I can’t wait! Even better, it just so happens to fall on the weekend of Made by Hand Cardiff. Craft + music + Cardiff means a great weekend is guaranteed. I know it’s a long way off, but having something to look forward to makes a big difference when life is so stressful.
- Registering to vote. I can vote, I can vote! It’s so exciting. I am really nervous about the election, but at least I can make sure my voice is heard. It’s also the first time I’ve been able to vote online, so there’s a bit of a novelty factor.